Land Rover Towing Capabilities
The maximum towing capacities of new Land Rover SUVs range from 3,968 pounds to 8,201 pounds. Explore towing specs on each Land Rover model, and find out more about features like Advanced Tow Assist to see how towing can be made easier around San Antonio. Then visit our genuine Land Rover parts center to find out how to equip your model for towing at Land Rover San Antonio!
How Much Can a Land Rover Tow?
Here are the lastest Land Rover towing capacities and specs in order from highest to lowest maximum capacity:
- 2020 Land Rover Discovery — 8,201 pounds maximum towing capacity, 83.7 cubic feet maximum cargo volume, four-wheel drive
- 2020 Range Rover — 7,716 pounds maximum towing capacity, 68.6 cubic feet maximum cargo volume, four-wheel drive
- 2020 Range Rover Sport — 7,716 pounds maximum towing capacity, 62.2 cubic feet maximum cargo volume, four-wheel drive
- 2020 Range Rover Velar — 5,512 pounds maximum towing capacity, 70.1 cubic feet maximum cargo volume, four-wheel drive
- 2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport — 4.409 pounds maximum towing capacity, 62.8 cubic feet maximum cargo volume, four-wheel drive
- 2020 Range Rover Evoque — 3,968 pounds maximum towing capacity, 50.5 cubic feet maximum cargo volume, all-wheel drive
Towing and Performance Features
Below are some of the many Land Rover innovations that make it easier and safer to tow on Corpus Christi roads and even off the beaten path.
- Advanced Tow Assist — Helps with more precise directional control while you are in reverse in the process of hitching your vehicle to a trailer or boat.
- Trailer Stability Assist — Standard on all Land Rover SUVs, this feature reduces trailer sway using the Torque Vectoring by Braking.
- Hill Descent Control® — Allows for a slow and steady descent on long descents or steep hills so you don’t have to wear out the brake pads or worry about unsafe towing.
- Torque Vectoring by Braking — Reduces understeer and prevents loss of control when going around corners by braking specific wheels at a time.
- Dynamic Stability Control and Electronic Power-Assisted Steering — Provides steering stability even when you are carrying a heavy load behind you.
- Terrain Response® and Terrain Response® 2 — Offers different drive modes so you can safely tow on mud, ruts, sand, snow, and more.
- All-Terrain Progress Control (ATPC) — Provides slow and steady movement over low-traction surfaces to you can focus on steering instead of pumping the gas and brakes.
Experience Land Rover Capabilities in San Antonio
Explore some of Land Rover history to find out where these highly capable SUVs come from. When you are ready to see Land Rover performance in action, contact your local authorized Land Rover, Jaguar retailer for a test drive near Laredo. You can also learn about the latest technology, or explore the latest models by checking out Range Rover Evoque reviews and Discovery Sport reviews from auto industry experts, or by comparing competitors like the Land Rover Discovery vs. BMW X5!
Looking for a new luxury SUV? The 2020 Land Rover Range Rover Velar has a refined design with a striking interior. There’s plenty of space for passengers and cargo, and lots of high-end amenities to make those drives around San Antonio more enjoyable. Explore the Range Rover Velar interior here, and then head into Land Rover San Antonio for a test…
The 2020 Land Rover Discovery can tow up to 8,201 pounds, which means that if the five- to seven-passenger SUV is full or you’ve used up the 83.7 cubic feet of cargo space, your Discovery will still have plenty of hauling power on San Antonio roads. Learn more about the towing specs, engine options, and towing-friendly…
The Land Rover Discovery Sport has been redesigned for the 2020 model year, and there are new features and more to look forward to. Find out what the auto industry experts are saying in their 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport reviews, then contact Land Rover San Antonio to schedule a test drive of this luxury SUV near San Antonio!…